• Permission from NLSIU to stay off campus

My son got second rank in CLAT-2014. Now, he is eligible to take admission in "National Law School of India University"(NLSIU), Bangalore. NLIU is a fully residential Law School, it is mandatory for every student to stay on campus. But, my son is unable to stay on campus because he was operated upon in childhood for some congenital deformity. Unfortunately, the operation was not hundred percent success.
Now, (1) he has to take special diet everyday.(2) He has to  sit on toilet seat for one hour every morning.
I want to ask
If there is any scope for my son to take court help on these two medical points to stay off campus.
Asked 4 years ago in Civil Law from Singrauli, Madhya Pradesh
Dear Client,
In that case you should file a writ in front of high court for direction due to some personal problem if you need more clarification then contact us.
Advocate Anurag Bhatt
Allahabad High Court.
Anurag Bhatt
Advocate, Allahabad
83 Answers
1 Consultation

4.6 on 5.0

Yes, it is possible. Better to discuss the issue with authorities of NLSU, Bangalore and request them for exemption to stay off the campus. If the favourable result is not forthcoming, based on medical certificate, specifying the reasons for permission to stay off the campus, you can file a writ petition before the high court seeking direction to exempt your son to stay off the campus.
Shashidhar S. Sastry
Advocate, Bangalore
1653 Answers
109 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

discuss issue with NLSU bangalore . they will grant exemption for medical reasons . other wise move court for necessary reliefs
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
46766 Answers
2767 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. First send an application to the authority of NLSIU, Bangalore praying for permission for your son's staying out of the campus for medical reasons,

2. If the application is rejected, file a Write Petition before the High Court praying for a direction upon the said authority to accept yoir said application favourably.
Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
18772 Answers
453 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer