• Legal advice on divorce

past four month back i have been married and my wife is a hyper-mental patient and that parents dint tell me about that and they are not ready to accept that but doctor examine and accept that , even we are not able for perfect intercourse due to his mental prob.and one time she was try a suside  with out any valid reason it is a very scary situation for me i cant understand what to do if i am going in family court then how much amount i have to pay after divorce.
Asked 3 years ago in Family Law from gwalior, Madhya Pradesh
Religion: Hindu
If you have medical reports about her ailment and the same was not disclosed to you and your family, you can file case for annulment. No alimony is required to be paid.Feel free to call.
S.P. Srivastava
Advocate, New Delhi
703 Answers
13 Consultations

4.8 on 5.0

This is non-disclosure of materiel facts at the time of marriage.
On this ground he can file a suit for declaring the marriage as null and void u/s 12 of Hindu Marriage Act.
Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
11224 Answers
140 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Marriage can be declared as null & void if material facts are concealed at the time of marriage.  Based on medical reports of your wife, you can file a suit for annulment of your marriage and you need not pay alimony to her.
Shashidhar S. Sastry
Advocate, Bangalore
1531 Answers
101 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

you can move court under section 12 of HMA for annullment of marriage 

2) since wife has surpressed material facts at time of marriage  it is ground for declaring marriage null and void .
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
40179 Answers
2280 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. First try to save the marriage by talking to her,

2. Take medical help if needed,

3. If every effort fails, file an application u/s12 of HM Act for annulment of the marriage on the ground of non-disclosure of the said material fact before marriage.
Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
16664 Answers
408 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer