• Manhandling by Delhi police

Dear Sir, there is police beat on the outkirt of society gate and normally 3 to 4 police personal are always present there. 2 days back I was returning from the party and one of my Friend dropped me back to my society gate . One of the police personal made a 100 no PCR call that i have misbehaved with them because I am drunk and they pushed me in PCR van ,beat me thrash me and took me to the police station threatening me of dare consequences. there they took me to the govt hospital took my alcohol test and it was positive which i never denied. They make us sign few papers along with bail bond and ask me to go home. I am in a state of shock and not able to understand what wrong I have done and  does this is the way police handles the innocent civilians?
Asked 2 years ago in Criminal Law from Delhi, Delhi
Religion: Hindu
You would certainly be having a CCTV camera somewhere around your society gate, try getting footage of the same. If you are confident that you did not misbehaved with the policemen on duty - you can file a complaint at the DCP office , marking a copy to the commissioner, followed by filing an FIR agaist the policemen who manhandled you. 

The FIR will not be lodged for sure, then you need to get the FIR lodged u/s 156(3) and pursue the matter in court. 
Atulay Nehra
Advocate, Noida
1029 Answers
35 Consultations

4.7 on 5.0

Neither police nor anyone is above law and they cannot indulge in such inhuman acts against anyone.  Did you make a complaint with the higher police official about this incidence immediately, if not you can make it now also and also you can call the press media to give proper coverage to such atrocities by the police  Besides, you can even move a complaint with the State human Rights Commission for proper legal action against the erring police officials for violation of human rights by them. Take the help of a prudent lawyer to draft a strong complaint by including all the incidences without any omission. 
T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
37030 Answers
403 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. Indian police is globally notorious for conducting itself in this manner. So this should not come as a surprise.

2. You should file a police complaint against the concerned cops for causing hurt. This apart, you can also seek damages from police through a lawsuit. The entire case will hinge on evidence, if any in your possession.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23173 Answers
641 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer