• Caveat

I have a tenant who is not vacating my office premises. I am preparing to file a suit for eviction. Now I have information that the tenant is preparing to file a civil suit against me regarding to the property. My father advised me to file a caveat. When I told my lawyer about this he asked me in which court you want the caveat to be filed as the courts change every now and then on minor matters. I would be highly grateful if you would please guide me.
Asked 3 years ago in Property Law from Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
1. Do file a caveat.
2. The advocate is wrong. The Judge changes not the court.
3. File the caveat in which court is civil suit of this nature is exepected to be filed.
4. You can in the meantime file a suit for eviction against the tenant.
Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
8180 Answers
98 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

1) you can file caveat in small cause court wherein cases of landlord /tenant are taken up in your city . 
2) request your lawyer to file eviction suit at the earliest
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
31147 Answers
1707 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. You can file Caveat in the Court having jurisdiction on your location/area,

2. File eviction suit immediately.
Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
14453 Answers
328 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

A. File caveat application and The caveat is live for 90 days from the date of filing.

B. Eviction Suit is the next remedy.
B.T. Ravi
Advocate, Bangalore
768 Answers
42 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a Lawyer