• House and business shop

My name is Jayanta Datta. I am living in a small city name Udaipur,which is 50km far from Agartala,the capital city of Tripura,Northeast India.I am doing business from 2013,i have Trade license, CST,VAT registration and my business is well established. For extension of national high way no 44 our house and business shop are come under National high way no 44. Govt. officers survey our house and business shop. My father had a doubt that in our house a under water drain and a sanitary tank was not note down by survey officers,so that my father submit a later to D.M for a review the measurement of my house,because two items are out of measurement. So that next week govt. survey officers came our house and took the measurement of our house again,. Now my father realize that this time survey officers did not do the measurement of our house as they did before. 
Now my father want to withdraw our application which he wrote down to D.M for review of our house. Kindly tell me,is their any right do we have to with draw our last application which we wrote down to D.M for review our house. We are satisfy with the 1st measurement .We are worry,that the 2nd/last survey/measurement they took,our total amount of compensation money will be reduce. Is their any right do we have to With draw our last application regarding review . Is their any right do you have to request D.M for give us compensation money as per 1st measurement . Kindly help us
Asked 2 years ago in Property Law from Agartala, Tripura
Religion: Hindu
1) application for review made cannot be with drawn as on said basis fresh survey has been done By DM 

2) you cannot seek compensation as per first measurement .

3) if you find any mistakes in the measurement done on second occasion you can draw the attention of DM to said fact . 
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
44259 Answers
2569 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

If you are not satisfied with the latest survey and the extent shown in the measurement of your property, you can very well make a representation to the DM about this irregularity observed in the measurement done by the surveyors.  You should in your representation make it clear about the previous measurement and the error in the present measurement by highlighting the same in  the rough sketch by using different colors to shade the observed difference/irregularity properly. 
You may even take  the help of a local architect/lawyer to draft the representation to highlight the irregularity observed and sought rectification therein.
T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
34418 Answers
369 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

It is suggested to meet the DM in person and mention of both the matters / applications. 
Atulay Nehra
Advocate, Noida
999 Answers
33 Consultations

4.7 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer