• Seeking help to lodge harassment complaint

I am a housewife and I hve been married for 4years now...since our marriage I immidirtly got preggers n problem started I hail from a rich family and my husband a middle class tough it was an artanged marriage n he was a budding entreprenur withiut giving second thout I married him within ine week of marriage they started demanding money enquiring abt my dads ancestoral property ,stated harrasing me fir every small things like don't wear this don't do this ask ur fly to give money coz my husbands business was almost shut down my mil says my daughter is bad omen n whole family accuses m possesed all this because I refrain fro
 Gettinng money from my dad in 4 years of marriage hardlynot even a year I have been wid my husband some or other fight n they ask me to go,mil fil n husband always torture and have yaken all my gold and silver wares and sold out they never give money all money for personel expense I get from dad and that they aleays call up my parents and all paternal relatives and complain about me trying to harm my goodwill everywhere please suggest how do I file divorce and wat complaint do I lodge court n police ask for evidence I don't have any other dan a bank teansaction of 3lakh rupees wen my husband demanded two yers ago saying his business was in trouble please suggest ..
Asked 4 years ago in Family Law from mumbai, Maharashtra
Religion: Hindu
1. First make up your mind about status of marriage. You can try to stay separately with your husband to give your marriage another chance.

2. If you think it all but dead then engage an advocate and file a suit for divorce from where you are currently staying or is going to stay in near future.

3. You can bring criminal action against your husband and in laws as well by way of charges like section 498A, 406 IPC and 3 & 4 of D.P. Act.

4. You can claim maintenance and provision for your stay as well by way bring case under PWDV Act.

5. I must say that the litigation mentioned above likely to ruin your marriage for good. SO I would advise you to talk to your husband one last time to settle amicably.
All the best.
Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
12866 Answers
166 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. The money transaction evidence which you have is enough to prosecute your husband,

2. File a police complaint u/s498A, 406, 323 & 329 if you want to teach him a good lesson,

3. After this he will propose for mutual consent divorce,

4. If he does not, file a Divorce suit against him on the ground of cruelty.
Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
18518 Answers
449 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You should file police complaint u/s498A, 406, 323  for harassment, torture,beatings etc and for jewellery, and other valuables and case under section 125 Cr pc for maintenance. Also file under DV Act for protection, right of residence,etc then he may come to your terms for MCD, if not then file for divorce.whatever evidence you have about bank are enough.
S.P. Srivastava
Advocate, New Delhi
703 Answers
13 Consultations

4.7 on 5.0

1. The documentary evidence of bank transaction is sufficient to prosecute your husband. Immediately go to the nearest police station and file a police complaint for dowry harassment and physical abuse. He may be arrested in consequence of your complaint.

2. You may also file a case for domestic violence to claim the right to protection, entry into your matrimonial house and maintenance. To this end you need to file a complaint in the court at the place where you reside.

3. Last but not least, you are at liberty to file for divorce at any time.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22977 Answers
634 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1) file complaint under section 498A , 406 of IPC with local police station for dowry harassment . 

2)you can  also file complaint under Dv act and claim right to stay in matrimonial home or alternative accommodation . also seek protection order against your husband

3) you can also seek maintenance from your husband . 

4) if your husband is willing go in for divorce by mutual consent
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
45640 Answers
2681 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer