• i m not willing to agree my husband divorce notice.

hi madam,  i got married in 2011. now i have 1 year old female baby. after my marriage,my husband moved with me in good terms.but, my mother in law always found some mistakes in me without any reasons.she has separated from her husband for 30 years. i thought, she behaved due to insecurity and over possessiveness on my husband. my parents fulfilled her dowry demands in our marriage. but,she dissatisfied still. after my baby delivery, she expected money because of the female baby. my parents rejected her demand due to their financial crisis.so, she ignored me and my baby. 7 months before, one quarrel raised between her and my parents.my husband agreed her words n ignored us... afterthat, my husband sent me a divorce notice. i dont want to give him a divorce. i want to live with him with my baby.i have filed a restitution of Conjugal rights and maintenance for me n my baby. but, my husband is not willing in both cases.. he is strong in divorce. i m trying to convince him in many ways. but, i couldnot... i m living with my baby alone in our home.i m jobless now,so i could not pay the rent to my house. my landlord forced me to vacate the house.my parents staying with my brother. i couldnot go to my brother's home. because my sister in law never allow me to stay long time.she considers me n my baby as a guest only..in this problem, my innocent baby suffers more..  i dont know what i have to do next madam?
Asked 4 years ago in Family Law from Bangalore, Karnataka
Religion: Christian
Repeat question,  already replied.
Shashidhar S. Sastry
Advocate, Bangalore
1653 Answers
109 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

repeated query
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
46775 Answers
2767 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

I did not notice your query earlier and hence replying.

1. if you do not want, you can contest the divorce suit in which event getting of divorce for your husband would be mighty difficult.

2. Since you are jobless it is bounden duty of your husband to maintain in default of which you can claim maintenance for you and the child and for house rent as well under PWDV Act.

3. You can file criminal case u/s 498A IPC as well but this may ruin your marriage.
Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
13143 Answers
175 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer