• Podcha

I bought a property in 2012 and sale deed was registered in proper way in ADSR Office. I have  not been very clear about the papers that time.Now during the BLRO name transfer what i have discovered is like this...
A sold the property to a society B ,B sold it to C,then C to D and then lastly D sold it to me.All the registered sale deed is with me except the 1st one i.e A to B.And In BLRO Podcha is in the name of A. So Now (i) how i can get my name in podcha?
(ii)BLRO is declining. ..then why ADSR has not declined..?
I feel very confused as well as worried, please show me some remeady.
Asked 2 years ago in Property Law from Madhyamgram, West Bengal
Religion: Hindu
1) obtain certified copy of sale deed between A and B from sub registrar office 

2) before purchase of property you must always check whether you have chain of original documents 

3) BLR0 certificate is not mandatory requirement 

4) better contact a local lawyer in this regard if you want mutation to be done in your name 
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
45520 Answers
2676 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. Yes you can apply for certified copy of the said deed from the registration office.
2. There is no reason why Porcha would not be issued in your name. However if still BLRRO refuse to issue Porcha in your name then file writ petition in high court.
3. In Gram panchayat area BLRRO certificate in the form of Porcha is mandatory.
Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
12832 Answers
166 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1) if builder had sold flat to first owner by regd sale deed then copy can be obtained from sub registrar office 

2) builders maintain records of all flats sold by them .you can obtain copy from the builder if he is willing to cooperate 

3) once you have purchased flat by regd sale deed you would have clear and marketable title to property . Even if mutation not done in BLRO it would not affect your title 
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
45520 Answers
2676 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

The records in the Block Land Record Office have been erroneously omitted to be transferred by the some concerned person that time, however since the subsequent entries are conforming the names of the purchasers bought the property after that in the BLRO records, you need not worry about this error. 
First of all you should know that that the Registrar Office department is totally different to that of the BLRO, hence both may not necessarily synchronize with each other. 
T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
35701 Answers
387 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. It seems that no mutation was carried out after the property was originally acquired.

2. When the title chain is clear then mutation cannot be refused on the ground that the current owner does not have the sale deed of the original owner. You can obtain the certified copy of the sale deed of A in favour of B and then apply for mutation again.

3. If mutation is again declined then you can move the High Court against BLRO.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22977 Answers
634 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer