• Need help in filing case against interior designer

I recently appointed a Interior designer based on some reviews from website. He promised that he has very qualified workers and promised very high quality output, he also promised that he will use Hettich hardware and gave quotation based on above factors.

Later when work started he brought some young carpenters with no experience and finally screwed up my entire interiors.

Finally i found that he is just a carpenter claiming himself as a interior designer and hiring few non experienced carpenters and charging as per interior designer standards. 

When i checked with the other local carpenters i found that he charged almost 2 Lack more that what carpenters charge for that work and also the quality is not even matching the normal standards.

This is my dream house spent lot of money to buy it  and finally they screwed up my entire house with un experienced carpenters. Also They charges 2 Lack rupees more and not used promised hardware anywhere which is more frustrating.

I would like to get some compensation from him and take some action on his website so no other customer will fall under his trap.< His Company is also not registered>

Asked 2 years ago in Constitutional Law from Bangalore, Karnataka
1) issue legal notice to interior designer complaining about shoddy work done by him and for not using the materials promised by him . 

2) claim damages for loss suffered by you 

3) if designer refuses to pay file suit for damages to recover losses suffered by you 

4) take video recording / photographs of work done by him, . it will help you at evidence stage 
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
45435 Answers
2669 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

It is a case of fraud and contractual liability. If you have a signed contract stating all of the above then you can enforce specific performance. 

If not you may try and claim damages through a suit.  There is no constitutional law involved in here.
Saptarshi Banerjee
Advocate, Kolkata
220 Answers
4 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

Well, now you have no option but to claim for damages from the said person.
For this your can file case for refund of money and compensation in the consumer forum wherein if you could prove your case then the necessary reliefs will be allowed.
Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
12804 Answers
165 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. You can file a case for cheating against him in the nearest police station as he induced you to avail his services by misrepresenting his qualifications and experience.

2. The evidence of his actual experience will have to be led before the court.

3. Furthermore, you can also file a lawsuit to claim the refund of money and compensation from him.

Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22977 Answers
634 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer