• Intentional damage to electricity meter account

A is daughter in law of B, who is an NRI, 
B Has Dis-owned A & her husband from his self-acquired home
A is in possession of B’s Home (civil suit pending)
B is living overseas from 2 years, From Last year 2 years A is using all the utility, from B’s home

1.	Intentionally A did not pay the electricity bill (the meter is in B’s Name) for 2 years and the bill amount accumulated to RS.85000, resulting in default and disconnection of B’s electricity account & meter.

2.	A managed a new electricity connection in her name (with help of corrupt J.E), also concealed the facts about the previous electricity connection (Default ) at the same property, without any permission of B (property owner)

3.	PSPCL issued a new connection to A, ignoring the fact that there is already a default connection on the same Property 

Question is 
What are the IPC sections apply to :
1.	A’s Conduct of intentional damage to the electricity meter of B (loss due to disconnection)
2.	Putting B’s account in default 
3.	Concealing the facts about the previous meter in the new connection 
4.	Getting an electricity connection without permission 
5.	Staff’s conduct for issuing a new connection on the same property without permission and with a previous default account
Asked 2 months ago in Criminal Law
Religion: Sikh

Ask a question and receive multiple answers in one hour.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

6 Answers

You can file a complaint with electricity department and in addition can file FIR for mischief against them

Prashant Nayak
Advocate, Mumbai
26998 Answers
83 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0

Draw attention of service provider of previous electricity connection which was disconnected and new connection obtained fraudulently 


2) if no action is taken obtain court orders to disconnect new connection obtained fraudulently 


3) file police complaint of cheating against daughter in law 

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
87596 Answers
6134 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

-        Send complaint/legal notice to electricity department.

-        file police complaint against daughter in law 

-        if no action is taken obtain court orders to disconnect new connection obtained fraudulently 

Ankur Goel
Advocate, Bangalore
454 Answers

4.9 on 5.0

B can obtain information about the basis of  sanction of new connection to A  especially when the previous service connection was disconnected  by sending an application to the department concerted through RTI Act.

If the fraudulent act of A emerges as a result then he can very well give complaint against the corrupt officer who sanctioned the fresh connection to an unauthorised person.

Besides B can lodge a criminal complaint also for forging the document to obtain a fresh connection b y A before the concerned police with a complaint copy addressed to the electricity authorities also 

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
77748 Answers
1509 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Dear Client, 

As per the facts which have been provided, file a police complaint against daughter in law.

Thank You.

Anik Miu
Advocate, Bangalore
4635 Answers
50 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

- You can lodge a compliant before the PSPCL , and thereby ask for the removal of the new meter , and further also ask for the documents submitted by her , and finally lodge a compliant before the police for the offence of cheating , breach of trust and preparing a false document. 

- If no action , then file a compliant before the magistrate/Court. 

Mohammed Shahzad
Advocate, Delhi
9707 Answers
116 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer