• Wife blackmailing me

Me and my wife married two years back and from past 6 months she is staying away from me, and now she filed a case in police station on me and my family members
1) dowry and harrassment
2)in the initial days of my marriage our honeymoon was bit postponed for that she consumed paracetmol tablets, and doctor too warned her dont do this silly things consuming paracetmol will not be any danger. And now she is saying that because of my harrassment she tried to suicide.
3)attempt murder case
4)she mentioned is file that i have asked her about her virginity in the first night only.

these are the false allegations she had put on me and demanding 8 lakhs for settlement.

police has given me some time to think about

we both are software employes.

please suggest me how to come out of this ?

if i dont agree her demand what will be the harm for me and my family members ?

if i contest how frequently i need to attend the court and at the same time what all the cases i can file on her?

and how to save my family members from this case
Asked 4 years ago in Family Law from Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh
Religion: Hindu
file divorce petition
Rajeev Bari
Advocate, New Delhi
1506 Answers
92 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

repeated query . contest case on merits . dont bow down to black mail tactics
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
46794 Answers
2768 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. If FIR has been lodged by the Police, then collect the FIR No. & apply for anticipatory bail for you and all against whocm she has complained,

2. After taking AB, contest the case fittingly.
Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
18772 Answers
453 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer