• Non release of wage dues by employer on resignation

On my resignation, I was relieved by my employer on 20 March 2015. At that time, my salary for the month of February was not released. Today it is over 6 months, and release of my dues are still pending. In between, the salary of February was released on 24 July 2015 I.e. after 5 months. My March salary and other dues payable on resignation are not being released by the employer. I am also made to undertake assignments for this company free of cost which I execute thinking that it will facilitate early release of my held up dues. I am a retired PSU  person and I took this assignment post my retirement . I am frustrated and depressed. Please guide me.
Asked 2 years ago in Civil Law from Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh
1) you can issue legal notice to company to pay your outstanding dues 

2) if company fails to pay file winding  up petition in the high court against the company 
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
45486 Answers
2672 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

If you do not have any obligations attached to your resignation vide an appointment order/offer letter, you are very well eligible to issue a demand notice to your employer seeking speedy disposal of your terminal benefits.
You may gather all the records of the payments due to you and remain unpaid till date, issue a legal demand notice mentioning the same and also your previous correspondences in this regard which failed to invoke proper response. You have to send this by a registered post with an acknowledgment card in order secure evidence for the efforts and steps you have initiated in order to wage a legal battle subsequently if the employer still remains unmoved. 
T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
35651 Answers
387 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. Issue a lawyer's notice to your ex employer to release your salary.

2. If the notice from your lawyer proves futile then file a lawsuit to seek your salary and also compensation for delay.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22977 Answers
634 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer