• Defamation cases

defamation cases:- sir i live mumbai ,but i go a notice on chennai address defamation my name and fame.is possible to file a case in mumbai
Asked 3 years ago in Civil Law from Mumbai, Maharashtra
1. Getting a notice does not construe defamation,

2. The defamatory statement needs to be publisised or broad cast for people's knowledge to be qualified for filing the defamation case.
Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
15534 Answers
377 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

without knowing the details of notice received by you it is not possible to advice
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
36519 Answers
2035 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Unless and until the contents of the notice are perused we cannot advice.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
21589 Answers
580 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a Lawyer