• Documents required for third party insurance claim

my son in law died in a car accident recently.my daughter has been disowned by her in laws.we have filed a third party claim on the insurance company of the vehicle with whom the accident occured by his fault.kindly advice as to what are the documents required for the case other than the income tax returns of the deseased, and how could we get them ,as my daughter's in laws are not willing to give us the documents.
                                                  can we get the income tax returns from I.T.deptt.through R.T.I. or the court can give instructions to various deptts.or can order the in laws to produce the required documents,as the mother in law of my daughter is one of the parties in the case.
Asked in Civil Law from Jaipur, Rajasthan
Following documents are required:-

1. FIR copy.
2. Photocopy of insurance of the vehicle.
3. Postmortem copy. 
4. Driving license of driver.  
5. RC of the vehicle.

FIR copy can be obtained from police. Postmortem copy can be obtained from the concerned hospital whereas insurance documents along with driving license and RC have to be submitted by the claimant. You may file a RTI to obtain IT returns of your deceased son-in-law.

Mr davesar has already advised you regarding documents required for obtaining third party claim on insurance .

. Mr Davesar has rightly enumerated the documents to be produced by you to claim third party benifit from the Insurance Company.

You may seek court orders also for production of IT returns. Court can accede to your request for IT returns to be produced. 

Your daughter can neither claim maintenance from her father-in-law nor she can seek permission to return to her matrimonial house. What was the nature of business carried by your deceased son-in-law?

1) your daughter  can make application to court to direct production of your husband income tax returns . 

2) your daughter in law cannot claim maintenance from father in law nor seek right to stay in said matrimonial home owned by father in law 

3) if your son in law had share in said house then  your daughter in  law can claim right to stay in said matrimonial home and also seek her husband share in the property