• Neighbour parks in my parking space

Hi ,.
I live in a rowhouse society and every house has space in front of their house to park their cars 
But my neighbour delibrately puts his car in my space every day... We have told them several times not to put in our space 
Today there was a fight between us ..he said road is public .I said .. ur space must be public not ours 

And dedicated parking spaces are given to everyone to keep their cars only ..so put in your space not ours 

P.S .. neighbour is a policeman 

What to do in this case ...as he must be knowing every lawyer ..policeman to shut this up everyone and I m just a child. .as compared to him
Asked 2 years ago in Property Law
Religion: Hindu

2 answers received in 1 hour.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

6 Answers

1. File a local Civil Court Suit and request for "Restraining Order" against the offending person, for his illegal action.

2. Also write a complaint to the SP, regarding this person with complete details and photographs and any video /audio recordings as evidence.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
VISIT: www.chshelpforum.com

Hemant Agarwal
Advocate, Mumbai
5612 Answers
25 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

File suit seek court orders restraining neighbour from parking his vehicle in front of your row house 


Filing police complaint may not be best option as neighbour is police officer 

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
94710 Answers
7529 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You approach a lawyer in the local and cause to issue a legal notice to him for creating nuisance and disturbance to you by parking his vehicle in front of your house and not allowing you to live peacefully nor allowing you to park your own vehicle before your house.

The policeman is also one of the common man and neither he is above  law.

So you can take action as per law as suggested through a local lawyer.


T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
84911 Answers
2194 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You can file both civil and criminal cases against him. If the space is private then he can't do the same. 

Prashant Nayak
Advocate, Mumbai
31946 Answers
179 Consultations

4.1 on 5.0

Dear Client,

You must contact society authorities and ask him to cooperate with you and I don't think you should stretch this issue to court as this is a trivial matter.

Thank you 

Anik Miu
Advocate, Bangalore
8869 Answers
110 Consultations

4.7 on 5.0

- As per rule , he cannot park in your space or in front of your house

- You can lodge a compliant before the management of the society against him , and if no response then file a compliant before the registrar for non-complying the rule of society . 

- Further, you can also send a legal notice to him as well. 

Mohammed Shahzad
Advocate, Delhi
13214 Answers
198 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer