• i posted an incident on facebook . they file a case against me .

sir, i have come across an incident and put it on facebook . i provide complete details with photos. at below link
( https://www.facebook.com/WingsOfFireNGO/photos/a.704078319655577.1073741831.579851062078304/704078422988900/?type=1&theater; )
now the police called me and said they would put a case on me under IT act and send me to jail if i donot remove the post. please let me know what type of action could they take if i dont remove the post. thank you
Asked 3 years ago in Civil Law from Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh
remove the post immediatedly if you dont want police to file case against you . it is necessary to go through the post made by you on face book to determine what action can be taken under provisions of IT act

If the information you have posted is informative and in larger public interest then you cannot be booked under any law. Consult a lawyer personally and apprise him of the facts in a chronological order so that he may acquaint you with the legal repercussions, if any, which might flow out from this post.

you have merely in your post  on FB pointed out police apathy in lodging police complaint and taking action against wrong doers . no offence under IT Act has been committed by you .

Do no remove the post. You have given a true account of an incident wherein police did not take action in spite of a complaint filed to it which disclosed the violation of law. So you cannot be booked under any law. Immediately issue a lawyer's notice to police.

1. The has been no offence committed by you in posting those information with photographs for public interest as per I.T.Act or any other Act,

2. Now, try to take audio/video clippings of police threatenings & post the same in the same thread,

3. Polixcce is trying to terrorise you for removing those posts,

4. Do not remove those posts rather convert it to a movement against police atrocity.