Pattadar passbook for agricultural land owned by company
Agricultural land has been bought in Andhra Pradesh by an Indian Private Limited Company. The registration is done in the name of Company, signed by Authorised signatory to execute the paper work (in this case Managing Director).
Now, on whose name the Pattadar Passbook shall be applied? Is it on Company name or in the name of Managing Director? Whose photograph will come on the passbook?
We have applied and received passbook in the name of Managing Director (with his photo on it). Is it legally valid? or Shall we update it in the name of Company?
Company is planning to change the purpose of the land to Non-Agricultural. If we apply for the conversion, do we still need to have pattadar passbook for a clear title?
Thanks and Regards,
Asked 2 years ago in Property Law from United Arab Emirates
1. The sale deed was registered in the name of the Company. So, the Company is the title holder of the said property,
2. The Pattadar Passbook should be applied in the name of he Company,
3. You should change the name from the MD to the Company,
4. Pattadar Passbook does not confer title. Registered deed does.
1) pattadar passbook should be applied in name of the company as land was bought by the company only
2) MD was mere authorised signatory to execute sale deed on behalf of the company
3)you should up date passbook in name of the company
4) i presume in AP companies can buy agricultural land
5)pattadar pass book is record of the title in respect of an owner
1. The passbook has to be applied in favour of the company. It can under no circumstances be issued in favour of the Managing Director of the company. Managing Director does not possess the title to the property.
2. The requirement of pattadar passbook will not fade into oblivion if the character of land is changed.
For NA conversion the pattadar passbook containing proper title of the registered owner should be clear and essential.
The patta on the MD's name is not proper, it should be on the company's name or in general on MD alone and not with his name and the designation or with the photograph. This is company's property, MD is just another employee of the company he cannot become owner of the firm. Th patta can be changed to company's name or to a designation of the company eg. Rep. by its. Managing Director