• Received threats on call

One of my relative (husband of my elder sister who is now in Australia) is threatening me and my parents on call that he knows where my younger sister lives in Australia and is threatening to harm her. Also he abused me and my parents and said that he is coming to India in some days and will harm us. I don't have any call recordings. Our whole family is in lots of stress. What should be the course of action ?
Asked 11 months ago in Criminal Law
Religion: Sikh

2 answers received in 30 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

8 Answers

File an fir against him and if the police refuse to register the fir then file a criminal complaint before the magistrate.

Rahul Mishra
Advocate, Lucknow
13846 Answers
65 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You can file a police complaint against them at your local police station for the same

Prashant Nayak
Advocate, Mumbai
28112 Answers
93 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0

Record his threats 


file police complaint against relative under section 504, 506 of IPC for acts endangering peace and criminal intimidation 

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
89098 Answers
6363 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

- You can lodge an FIR against this threatening call after providing his number to the police and higher official. 

- Further, submit the said FIR copy with a compliant to the Australian Embassy in India to take legal action against him. 

Mohammed Shahzad
Advocate, Delhi
10337 Answers
124 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

u should approach to nearest police station or mail it to your embassy

Atul Shahi
Advocate, Allahabad
160 Answers
1 Consultation

4.6 on 5.0

Since you received the call through his phone, you may draft a complaint neatly to the local police station and submit it apprehending danger from his threatening calls for you and your family members in India besides harm to your sister living in Australia.

If he had given such calls to your sister at Australia, then she can take action from that place itself by calling local police and initiate necessary action as per law.


T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
79250 Answers
1618 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Dear Client,

File an FIR or a criminal complaint before the magistrate.

Thank you

Anik Miu
Advocate, Bangalore
5376 Answers
58 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Respected sir/mam 

First of all you need not to worry about that as this is only a minor issue just write down all the things in the format of a complaint and give the same to your nearest police station for lodging of FIR and then also move an application to the home minister of your state by mean of CM window and also copy of that complaint and it will be much better if that will register as in the form of FIR provide both the copies of complaint and FIR to the Foreign ministry office situated at Delhi they will their self take legal action against him .he will not do nothing just don't worry and if the problem persist just call me I am from Haryana I will solve this issue out of way .


Thank you 

Dinesh Sharawat
Advocate, Delhi
1259 Answers
12 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer