• Propery Will question


My Mother want to make will in favour of my father  and I have no objection .Can i become one of the  witness and sign that will?

After mother what will be the procedure to transfer the ownership to my father name with that will?

No i need to give NOC to my father after my mother for transfer ownership?

Asked 4 years ago in Property Law from delhi, Delhi
1) yes you can sign the will as witness . please note that for will it is necessary that there are 2 witness es . get will drafted by a lawyer 

2) on demise of your mother your father can apply for mutation of property in his name . you can furnish your NOC in this regard
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
44494 Answers
2587 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Rajeev Bari
Advocate, New Delhi
1506 Answers
92 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

1. You can sign the Will as witness,

2. The title of the prioperty will be transferred in the name of your father after the demise of your mother for which your fatjer has to file an application to take probate of the will,

3. Thwe probate will be granted if no legal heir of your mother objects to the said application for probate of the will.
Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
18164 Answers
439 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer