• police is not registering case for recovery of streedhan

I was married six months ago,and only after one month me and my husband met with an accident,and my husband died.i was beaten ,abused and thrown out of my matrimonial house.
                                                         since than we have been trying to register a case against them but police is not ready to register a case against them.they are not even registering a case for the recovery of my streedhan and articles  lying there.instead police says that we should forget the things and look ahead.WHAT SHOULD WE DO.
Asked 4 years ago in Criminal Law from YAMUNA NAGAR, Haryana
1. I think you weer not advised properly.
2. If the Police is not registering FIR then you can move to magistrate's court by a petition u/s 156(3) crpc for direction upon Police to register FIR and cause necessary investigation.
3.If your husband has left any property you can claim your share including right to reside in his house for which you have ti file case Under PWDV Act.
Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
13170 Answers
175 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

If a person has a grievance that his or her  FIR has not been registered by Police, his or her first remedy is to approach the SSP u/s 154(3) Crpc or other police officer referred to in section 36 Crpc. If despite approaching the SSP or the officer, her grievances still persist, then he can approach a Magistrate u/s 156(3) Crpc. More over he has a further remedy  of filing a criminal complaint u/s 200 Crpc and still remedy a Writ petition or a petition u/s 482 Crpc  before High Court. You can file a case before Magistrate for return if Stri Dhan even a Civil Suit for a share in husbands property.
Soumya Kundu
Advocate, Kolkata
86 Answers

4.7 on 5.0

file private complaint under 200crpc in court of judicial magistrte
Rajeev Bari
Advocate, New Delhi
1506 Answers
92 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

You can file your complaint U/S 200 CrPC in the court or alternatively U/S 156(3) for registration of FIR.
S.P. Srivastava
Advocate, New Delhi
703 Answers
13 Consultations

4.7 on 5.0

1. Send a well drafted complaint u/s498A & 406 of IPC to the Police station under copy to S.P. through Speed Post,

2. If Police fails to take any action then file an application before the Court u/s156(3) praying for a direction upon the police to investigate & act based on your complaint.
Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
18806 Answers
454 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Dear Querist
File a criminal complaint against them before court under section 156 (3) crpc this is a good option for you to get justice
Nadeem Qureshi
Advocate, New Delhi
4880 Answers
226 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer