• Mother dies without will

Hello Everyone, My mother recently died without WILL survived by me (Only child) and my father.My mother was the sole owner of the house.My question is:
1) I want to sell the property do i have to transfer the ownership to my father by giving NOC from my side e.g  i have no interest in the property and father can sold this property?
If yes what is the procedure and how much time it will take.Property is in delhi. Their is no dispute as im the only child
Asked 4 years ago in Property Law from delhi, Delhi
repeated query
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
46744 Answers
2767 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. You can transfer your share in favour of your father by way of deed of gift or deed of relinquishment
However I may inform if you plan to sell the house then there is no need to make your father as sole owner.
Both of you can jointly sell the house as to make your father sole owner you need to unnecessarily fork out money towards stamp duty and registration fees.
Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
13141 Answers
174 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Rajeev Bari
Advocate, New Delhi
1506 Answers
92 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

being the only son you and your father both have inherited so both can jointly sell. no need to tranfer in favour of father.feel free to call if wish to.
S.P. Srivastava
Advocate, New Delhi
703 Answers
13 Consultations

4.7 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer