• Case against living allowance

My grandfather filed case against my father to get living allowance.he is making false allegation to get that.we even don't have any property of him.he has his ancestral home and some agriculture land still he want living allowance.we even dont want share in ancestral property still he want 5 thousand per month.what should we do we r very tense right now?
Is it possible to file case for manhaani ?
Asked 3 years ago in Family Law from Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh
1) father is bound to maintain your grand father if he is unable to maintain him self . 

2) section 125 CrPC provides for an order for maintenance of wives, children and parents. It provides that if  any person with sufficient means neglects or refuses to maintain even his or her parents then the parents can move the court for monthly maintenance orders against such child.

it is your case that  your grand  father has agricultural land and ancestral house . if he has sufficient means to make  ends meet no maintenance would be awarded

provision of maitenence is only for those who can not maintain themselves

1. If your grandfather is unable to maintain himself, then he can legally claim maintenance fro your father,

2. Contest the case filed by your grandfather, if he has filed one.

it means to fight the case . court will hear your father before passing order of maintenance