• Love and marriage

Sir/Madam
  I have a problem.Im 21 yrs of age and im in love with a muslim girl she is 18 yrs old. I've told about this in my house and they've accepted it.But in the girl's house there is serious opposition and they are trying to get her married to someother guy by forcing her in all ways.she is telling that she has faced enough torture there and she is asking me if she can come to my house leaving her family behind .is that right?...what should i do in a situation like this sir 
Plz can you help me...
Asked 2 years ago in Family Law from Chennai, Tamil Nadu
it is too early for you to marry . you are only 21 years old. complete your studies get a job then think of marriage. if your girl friend can wait for you for 5 years then think of marrying her
You have not said, what do you want?
If you want to marry her then you can do so by registering the marriage under Special Marriage Act by keeping your respective religion intact.
1) your girl friend should file police complaint if her parents are forcing her to marry against her wishes . she can also lodge complaint with state commission of women against her parents 

2) she can also move HC and seek protection against her parents if they are forcing her to marry another man and if she apprehends threat to her life
1. Have you started earning?

2. How will you run your family if you marry now?

3. If she starts staying at your house without getting married, then her father may lodge a police complaint against you bringing the charge of kidnaping,

4. However, if you are earning or have sufficient financial support to run your family, then you can marry her as per Special Marriage Act without any one of you getting converted.
1. If you want to marry her, then do so as I told earlier under Special Marriage Act. If you are in much hurry then convert her to Hinduism and then perform marriage as per Hindu rites and customs.
2. You can get police protection and even the intervention of court if after marriage her parents cause disturbance in your life.