Wife asking for separation/divorce after 1 yr of marriage
I am seeking advice for one of my employees. He is a 21 yr old boy who got married last year and the lady that he got married is now not willing to stay with him in his house. She says that he has to either come and stay with her near her parental home or else she will file for separation. His family has also threatened to harm him and his family if they do not comply with their wishes. They have told him that if he goes to the police to lodge an FIR they will have him kidnapped/get him killed and the police will not be able to catch them. They have 1 child together who was born 3 months back. As he is from the economically weaker section he can not afford a full time lawyer. Please advise best course of action for him.
Asked 4 years ago in Family Law from New Delhi, Delhi
1. If he is of 21 years age & has already become a father 3 months back then when did he marry,
2. Did he marry before the stipulated marriageable age?
3. However, the couple is too young to start matrimonial litigation at this stage,
4. Ask him to settle the matter amicably in everybody's interest.
1. The marriage seems to be all but over.
2. in that respect it is better to amicably dissolve the marriage.
3. if wife files any case, nothing to worry. Once your employee gets bail , the force of the case dwindles considerably.
for a valid marriage it is necessary that boy should be 21 years old. it appears that boy got married when he was only 20 years old. if his wife refuses to stay with him amicable separation is advisable