• Sister transferred property to my name legally

my sister already transferred the property to my name legally again she approached court that the land also belongs to her...
firstly it was our father property ...... when my father was sick he transfered the land to two of us ...now the land belongs to me and my sister after my father death i hav given money to my sister and transferred all land to my name ....i ahve not taken any recepit wen i was giving money she again approached to court filed a case how to overcome these problem and ite land original documents is on my name and its wit me only 
plse help me
Asked 4 years ago in Property Law from Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh
How did you paid your sister, through cheque or by cash? From what you're saying I gather that you have paid her by cash. What your sister did with the amount you paid? Most important is how your sister transferred the property in your name? Something must have been mentioned somewhere. Contact a local lawyer with the document.
Rajni Sinha
Advocate, Mumbai
330 Answers
34 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

1. How did your sister transfer her share of the property in your name? What was the document registered? Was it a Sale Deed of Gift Deed of Settlement Deed?

2. However, if her said share has been transferred through a registered Deed in your favour then you are its legal owner,

3. Her filing suit for reclaiming her share will not  succeed.
Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
18499 Answers
448 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1) you have stated that your sister transferred her share in property to you legally . i presume it was done through gift deed/ relinquishment deed . 

2) once property is so transferred you are absolute owner of the said property . 

3) it is necessary to go through the case filed by your sister to further advise . 

4) has your sister in suit filed by her mentioned that property was transferred in your name and consideration received by her . 

5) you have to contest case filed by your sister on merits . i do hope that cash paid by you has been duly declared by you in your income tax returns
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
45562 Answers
2677 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer