• can i share father in law property when my husband isthe only son

Sir i would like to say that my husband do not want to stay with me and forced me to stay with my parents.he is the only son of govt employ fathrer can i demand share to my father in laws salary,property&after retirment money    thanks&regards
Asked 3 years ago in Property Law from purnea, Bihar
you dont have any share in your father in law salary , self acquired property or retirement money . your claim can be for maintenance , right to stay in matrimonial home only against your husband
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
31142 Answers
1707 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You have no right to claim a share in the salary of your in-laws. If your husband has abandoned you then you can sue him for maintenance. Under no circumstances you can obligate your father-in-law to give you a part of his salary. Additionally, you may claim the right to enter and stay in your matrimonial house.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
20371 Answers
537 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. No, you can not claim any share in your father in law's property or maintenance from him.
2. However you can claim maintenance from your husband and right of accommodation in his property, if any or provision for stay in alternative accommodation.
Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
8176 Answers
98 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a Lawyer