• Filing for divorce in Bangalore for NRI September

 i am a NRI want to file the divorce case in bangalore. my current wife parents stay there. Given the covid condition is it possible to file it online or do i need to be in person.
I am afraid to land to india due to safety issue. 
Is there any alternative to go to delhi and file from there .
My email id is [deleted].
Kindly respond to my email id with the steps which works and i can be safe.
Asked 2 years ago in Family Law
Religion: Hindu

7 answers received in 1 day.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

9 Answers

You need to file the same in person or with a poa. You can't file it from delhi. If you need any further assistance then you can approach me through kaanoon or LinkedIn.

Prashant Nayak
Advocate, Mumbai
29605 Answers
121 Consultations

4.1 on 5.0

It cannot be done online 


you have to file it in person 


it can be filed in city where marriage was solemnised or where you resided with wife after marriage or where wife is residing 

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
91274 Answers
6807 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

There's no provision to file the divorce case online.

You may engage a power agent to file the case on your behalf through an advocate. 

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
81456 Answers
1826 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Not possible to file in Delhi.

Jurisdiction can be Bangalore. 


Seems its contested and not mutual.


Your physical presence is not required in Bangalore to file case. 

You can make POA for relative or Lawyer from NL embassy or consulate. 

Ankur Goel
Advocate, Bangalore
454 Answers

4.9 on 5.0

Dear Sir/Ma'am

You cannot complete the divorce proceedings online.

Consider doing it through a POA.

Thank you

Anik Miu
Advocate, Bangalore
6694 Answers
74 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

You can file the case through your Special Power of Authority holder. The divorce case is contested or mutual (to decide the jurisdiction).



Harshad Joshi
Advocate, Ahmedabad
55 Answers

Not rated

- As per law , you can file the divorce case at the place, where the marriage was solemnized or the residential address of your wife and you . 

- There is no provision of filing the case online , and it can be filed by the lawyer or an attorney holder on your behalf , if you are unable to come to India. 


- You can contact me, if further suggestion needed. 

Mohammed Shahzad
Advocate, Delhi
11181 Answers
149 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Divorce case can be filed from a temporary residence as well. 

So, you can file the same in Delhi. Contact a lawyer for the same.

Email address cannot be viewed here due to the privacy policy of the website. You will have to contact the lawyer by booking a consultation with the lawyer of your liking.

Siddharth Jain
Advocate, New Delhi
6261 Answers
101 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. You can get the plaint of the Divorce Suit from your Lawyer in India and thereafter go to your local  Indian Consulate to get your signature, to be  appended on the Plaint, attested by the appropriate officer of the Consulate.


2. Then send said signed and attested plaint to your Indian Lawyer to file it.


3. In any case, you shall have to appear before the Court at the time of counselling and also submission of evidence.

Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
26977 Answers
726 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer