Leave and License Agreement Owner not replying back to Tenant
As we entered into an agreement on Dec-2013 ,and as per agreement we suppose to stay min. 3 months and agreement was for 1 year. Now I communicated through SMS and over phone call that I will vacate the flat next month i.e. one month advance notice. But owner is not reverting back with acceptance and not picking up the call. As phone no. is cell number cant track him
Pls advice what needs to be done. agreement is notarised not registered in SRO.
Asked 4 years ago in Property Law from Pune, Maharashtra
1.Send vacating notice through e-mail and of course through letter sent via speed post only. Keep the track report of delivery of the article.
2. You are entitled to vacate the property after 3 months only though you send such notice even on expiry of 2 months.
3. Do claim for return of security money, if any, in such notice.
problem is neither he shared his e-mail address or his residential address. On agreement its same address at which we are staying. So now its difficult to track him. unless he call us back.
Asked 4 years ago
Its strange you dont have your landlord's address.Anyway send vacation notice at the last known /available address and if possible get the same publish in local newspaper.
Advocate, New Delhi
It is quite strange that you have no other proof of address.
Then send the notice in the same address. You are not expected to search for him.
1) if you have phone number of licensor you can obtain his address from just dial .
2) send notice by Regd post or speed post ad
3) issue one month notice as provided in agreement .
4) ask for refund of your security deposit .
5) i do hope that you have not issued post dated cheques . if you have done ask him to return the balance cheques
1. You need to locate the address of the licensor. Once you succeed in doing that issue a one month advance notice as per the agreement.
2. Seek refund of your security deposit.