• Leave and License Agreement Owner not replying back to Tenant

As we entered into an agreement on Dec-2013 ,and as per agreement we suppose to stay min. 3 months and agreement was for 1 year. Now I communicated through SMS and over phone call that I will vacate the flat next month i.e. one month advance notice. But owner is not reverting back with acceptance and not picking up the call. As phone no. is cell number  cant track him

Pls advice what needs to be done. agreement is notarised not registered in SRO.
Asked 4 years ago in Property Law from Pune, Maharashtra
1.Send vacating notice through e-mail and of course through letter sent via speed post only. Keep the track report of delivery of the article.
2. You are entitled to vacate the property after 3 months only though you send such notice even on expiry of 2 months.
3. Do claim for return of security money, if any, in such notice.
Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
12535 Answers
161 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Its strange you dont have your landlord's address.Anyway send vacation notice at the last known /available address and if possible get the same publish in local newspaper.
S.P. Srivastava
Advocate, New Delhi
703 Answers
13 Consultations

4.8 on 5.0

It is quite strange that you have no other proof of address.
Then send the notice in the same address. You are not expected to search for him.
Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
12535 Answers
161 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1) if you have phone number of licensor you can obtain his address from just dial .

2)  send notice by Regd post or speed post ad 

3) issue one month notice as provided in agreement . 

4) ask for refund of your security deposit . 

5) i do hope that you have not issued post dated cheques . if you have done ask him to  return  the  balance cheques
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
44326 Answers
2574 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. You need to locate the address of the licensor. Once you succeed in doing that issue a one month advance notice as per the agreement. 

2. Seek refund of your security deposit.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22966 Answers
631 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer