• Share

My Jiju died. Left behind his Parents (Non Working) Wife (homemaker) two children. The house in which they live belongs to Mr Jugal Kishor who is the Father of the deceased. 

Legally does the wife get any share from the property
Asked 4 years ago in Property Law from Mumbai, Maharashtra
Sorry, his wife has no share in the property.
Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
12030 Answers
153 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

If Mr. Jugul Kishore has inherited the property from his parents then your sister can claim being wife of his son(deceased). She can also otherwise claim right  to reside.
S.P. Srivastava
Advocate, New Delhi
703 Answers
13 Consultations

4.8 on 5.0

She has every right to stay in the matrimonial home.  Whether she has got any right in the property owned by her father-in-law depends on how her father-in-law got the ownership of the house, whether it was by inheritance, gift or self-acquired by her father-in-law.
Shashidhar S. Sastry
Advocate, Bangalore
1596 Answers
103 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1) i presume it is self acquired property of Mr Jugal Kishore 

2) Mr JK can dispose the property as he pleases . 

3) in case he dies without a will widow of predeceased son will inherit his share of the property . 

4) as on date she has no share in said property .
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
42857 Answers
2476 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer