• Further inquiry about stamp noting

20 years ago , on a stamp it was written that i would handover ownership of an agriculture land (registry of land) to the current owner of stamp.However, the fact is that in govt. land record that particular land is not in my name. Now the stamp owner is threatening me to drag in court on the basis of stamp noting .  Is his case is feasible on the basis of that 20 year old stamp?


20 years ago,i had to take charge of my family.i did not have proper knowledge about our land at that time (when tha stamp was written). other party to stamp is my uncle (my father's brother).After some years i came to know that that land had been exchanged (at the time of land consolidation) with person in whose name the land is still recorded.So the land was exchanged only  but not registered in my father's name. before 20 years (money was required for my sisters marriage) i sold this land to my uncle under that stamp commitment because he told me that it was in my father's name. But he never made full payment . Various times i demanded remaining money but he did not pay any heed. Now he is forcing me to register the land in his name otherwise he would go to court on the basis of that stamp. while before registry i want my remaining payment.

sir,that is the full facts of this case.

Thank you.
Asked 4 years ago in Property Law from Kolkata, West Bengal
Already answered.
Shashidhar S. Sastry
Advocate, Bangalore
1633 Answers
107 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You have nothing to worry. 
The agreement id one 20 years ago has made the right of sue by your uncle a time barred one.
In other words he can not file suit for specific performance of contract anymore.
Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
12808 Answers
165 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

repeated query
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
45435 Answers
2669 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer