• Bail application in anti-corruption case

My uncle is falsely accused in case of accepting bribe. Vigilant team has caught him, but the whole case was made up. some politically strong people did this out of enmity.  I  have applied for bail in city court. after being rejected there i moved to allahabad high court. In high court judge did not listen to our layer and extended the date of our case. this has happened three times. I do not know what is the reason. the high court is going to be closed on 28th may. so the wait is excruciating as the Uncle is in jail for 4 moths now. what could I do now to get the case listened and is it possible to get bail in first hearing only ?
Asked 4 years ago in Criminal Law from Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh
 The arrest has happened four months before so police had enough time to file charge sheet, now your lawyer should ready for argument and if the court is convinced about the reasons, it will grand  bail, in case it fails you will have to wait for the charge sheet to be filed. As you say your uncle is innocent provide the evidence before the court.Since it is 4 months, the police should have finished the investigation , and filed the chargesheet,your lawyer certainly be arguing on this.
Thresiamma G. Mathew
Advocate, Mumbai
1515 Answers
134 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1.Attend to the hearing on the next date,

2. File an appeal before the Supreme Court if the bail petition is rejected by the High Court.
Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
18493 Answers
448 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

File an application for urgency before registrar of high court through your lawyer anf pray for early hearing when the matter listed for hearing argue the matter on merit.
If police have submit the charge sheet then argue on merit otherwise argue on 167 (2) of crpc for granting the bail as his right.
Feel free to call
Nadeem Qureshi
Advocate, New Delhi
4856 Answers
221 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

As High Court is closing on 28 May and  you must be prepared to mention your case during vacation before vacation Bench, and argue your case on merits
Soumya Kundu
Advocate, Kolkata
86 Answers

4.7 on 5.0

Move an application before Registrar for early hearing and get the same listed even during vacation, for hearing.
S.P. Srivastava
Advocate, New Delhi
703 Answers
13 Consultations

4.7 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer