• Damaged car

I have purchased a car Maruti Suzuki Alto 800 classified in Gaadi.com. The seller has cheated me when i bring the car home, i found that the car is damaged & met with a major accident. Many parts were replaced. But the seller said that the car never met with an acccident. He also tells lie that he is the second owner but i found that he is the third owner. Can you please suggest me what to do. He also tells lie about the insurance. It is only the third party insurance taht s done.
Asked 4 years ago in Civil Law from Chandigarh, Chandigarh
Give a legal notice through a lawyer if need be then file case in consumer court
S.P. Srivastava
Advocate, New Delhi
703 Answers
13 Consultations

4.8 on 5.0

issue legal notice to seller for refund of money paid by you for purchase of the car . i do hope that you have made cheque payment and you have documentary evidence to prove that seller misguided you regarding the fact that car never met with a major accident . before purchase of car you must get the car checked by a experienced mechanic . then only purchase the car
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
44293 Answers
2572 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

It seems that you failed to carry out due diligence before purchasing the car. It was your duty to verify prior to purchase the antecedent ownership of car. This could have been done by visiting the office of Regional Transport Officer(RTO), Chandigarh. Furthermore, it was your duty to get the car inspected by a car mechanic before purchasing it. 

If you have any document wherein and whereunder the seller gave it to you in writing that car never met with an accident before and also that he is the second and not third owner of the car then you may issue a lawyer's notice to him and claim damages.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22966 Answers
631 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. Look at the  matter from  practical point of view,

2. Whatever you are claiming as 'he has told', hs not been given in writing by him,

3. If you take up the matter legally, he will deny having ever told you the same,

4. It will be extremely difficult for you to prove that he had told you so, to get favourable order,

5. You ca send him a legal notice claming the money back to see if he returns the same.
Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
18151 Answers
438 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

I have perused your message, under reference.

Having purchased said car Your locus standi is as CONSUMER & your grievances deserves to be resolved under the provisions of the Consumer Protection Act, 1986; whereby you may be adequately compensated and/or get full refund of your paid amount with compensation/otherwise, also.
Shivesh Sinha
Advocate, Bangalore
9 Answers
7 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer