• How can I get UP domicile

Hello sir, i belong to UP and have completed my education from there. Currently i am residing in delhi wid my ward. Since she wants to apply fr upsee, she needs up domicile. My mother resides in up and i too own property there as well nd have my name in ration card... but my child was born in delhi and has done her 12th frm delhi itself...
How can she get up domicile? Since we have a house and sm oder properties there and my mother lives there., can we claim fr it?
Asked 4 years ago in Civil Law from Uttar pradesh, Uttar Pradesh
The G.O. No. 157/3-2003-77(11)/83, dated 18-2-2003, issued by the Government of Uttar Pradesh (U.P.), has laid down the following procedure for the issuing of Domicile Certificates by the competent authority:

1.Domicile Certificate shall be issued only for getting admission in educational institute or for employment.
2.The District Magistrate or any Addl. District Magistrate/SDM authorised by the DM shall be the competent officer to issue Domicile Certificates.
3.A Domicile Certificate in the state of Uttar Pradesh is issued to a person whose parents are permanent residents of the district, or to a person who has been residing in the district for a period of not less than 3 years.
4.A person who is in the Government Service or in the Non-Government Service, and whose job is transferable, shall get some relaxation in the laws. He/she can submit a copy of any of the following documents: 
Certificate from Employer/Chairman, Gram Panchayat/Chairman, Nagar Panchayat
Ration Card
Driving License
Voter ID Card
PAN (Income Tax)
House Tax / Water Tax
Electricity Bill
5.The applicant has to apply for Domicile Certificate in Form-1 in duplicate. He/she should submit two photographs along with the application. One photograph will be pasted on the certificate, and the second will be kept for Government records.
6.The applicant has to submit verification letter in the prescribed format from any one of the following:- 
Gazetted Officer
Member of Parliament (MP)
Member of legislative Assembly (MLA)
Chairman, Zila Panchayat
Chairman, Nagar Panchayat
Branch Manager, Nationalised Bank
7.Domicile Certificate shall be issued to the applicant within one month, provided all the formalities are in order.
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
46850 Answers
2771 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Dear Client,Yes you can get it as per your aforesaid sbmission that procedure will take some time and you also file a application form along with the details of documents as per my learned freind disclose above.
If you need more clarification then contact us i will try to resolve you issue.
Advocate Anurag Bhatt
Allahabad High Court.
Anurag Bhatt
Advocate, Allahabad
83 Answers
1 Consultation

4.6 on 5.0

1. File an application following the procedure detailed by Adv Sethi,

2. Your having residential property at UP will be of great help .
Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
18785 Answers
454 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Move as advised by ld. friend Mr. Sethi.
S.P. Srivastava
Advocate, New Delhi
703 Answers
13 Consultations

4.7 on 5.0

Proceed in accordance with what Mr.Sethi had advised.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23170 Answers
641 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer