• Request for complete legal phenomena

my sis is working for i gate software solution for 2 months recently from apy 2014 and now her husband got h1-b visa and my sis want to break bond to leave to usa. so they have written a bond to pay 2 lakh rupees for breaking a bond.. so how to quit the job and continue to usa.
Asked 4 years ago in Labour from hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh
Kindly explain break bond.
Rajni Sinha
Advocate, Mumbai
330 Answers
34 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

Please send the Bond through email. if desire,then after examining the same proper advise could be given.
S.P. Srivastava
Advocate, New Delhi
703 Answers
13 Consultations

4.7 on 5.0

Normally an employer will not keep an unwilling employee on his rolls.  However if the employer has spent a huge money towards specialised training of the employee, in that case, naturally the employer will be at loss if the employee quits the job and that is one of the reasons for having a Bond between the employer and the employee. You say that your sister has worked for only 2 months and let her tender resignation and request the employer to relieve her without applying the conditions in the Bond.  Without looking at the terms & conditions of the Bond, to give correct advice would be difficult.
Shashidhar S. Sastry
Advocate, Bangalore
1633 Answers
107 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. Was there any bond signed by your sistrer wherein it has been stated that she can not quit the Company with in a specified period of time & in case she leaves the Company, she has to pay a certain sum of money?

2. If no such bond has been signed by your sister then she does not have to pay anything & shall have to just resign after giving notice of the stipulated period & leave the Company,

3. If no amount has been paid by the Company towards her training then even if she leaves without paying the amount mentioned in the bond, it will be legally difficult for the Company to realise the said amount from her,

4. However, if she leaves the Company without paying the Bond amount, then the Company will not give release order to her & she will have difficulties in getting job in future in the same field.
Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
18430 Answers
448 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer