• Change of signature

My PAN card got damaged and I am applying for a new card. I am thinking of changing my signature which I am using since my 10th standard. I have completed my post graduation and doing job now. 
That signature is in DL, Passport and Bank/insurance accounts and that is what I used in my college life also.

What will be the impact of this? will it be possible for me to change in all above mentioned places? Does this impact in any form my graduation/post graduation degree as I used my sign in all college related forms as well?
Asked 3 years ago in Civil Law from Mumbai, Maharashtra
1) it is not necessary for you to change your signature in your DL , passport and other documents 

2)it does not impact your educational qualifications 

3) you are at liberty to change your signature prospectively if you so desire in your bank accounts etc 
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
45570 Answers
2677 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0


 I, __________ son of _____________ aged ___, residing at __________________, do hereby solemnly affirm and declare as under:

 1. That I, Shri ___________, having signature now to be changed as copy of specimen is attached. 

2.. I hereby affirm that after dated _________ all the signature done by me i.e. ________________ will be as no. 2 done on specimen copy attached with affidavit and any signature done with no.1 will not considered as minw.

3)  I am executing this declaration to be submitted to the concerned authorities for the change of signature. I hereby state that whatever is stated herein above are true to the best of my knowledge. 

Solemnly affirmed at ________ ) On this ____ day of ______ 2004 ) 

(Signature of the Applicant) Deponent Identified by me Before Me

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
45570 Answers
2677 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

In so far as documents which you possess, with the exception of Pass books, you cannot change your signature therein. While applying for a new PAN card you are entitled to change your signature. The application for PAN card should be supported by an affidavit attested by an oath commissioner which should state that you have changed your signature. 
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22977 Answers
634 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You have all the rights to change your signature anytime whenever you would wish to do so.  If you want to have them changed in the existing documents, you can write to the concerned authorities your intention to change the same along with  a separate specimen signature containing old and new style of signatures. 
T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
35724 Answers
387 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. File a declaratory suit praying for a declaration that your fresh signature will be treated as your signature hence forth duly replacing your earlier signature,

2. Being aided by the said Court declaration, you can change your signature in all your documents by filing applications attaching the said Court declaration.
Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
18504 Answers
448 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer