I got married 2 years back.He is 35 years old, from upper middle class with good degree . My husband told me and my family that he is drawing 40k per month...
After marriage we came to know that he is getting only 10k per month.We consoled ourself that he would get that money in few years..
All of sudden he lost his job within few months after marriage.. We didn't want to go aggressive on him straightaway.We waited...waited....waited....No use...
He is not showing any intention of getting job and no interest on work.... In front of family members and relatives , we discussed this matter.... No use...He is giving excuses that he is too old for Software industry.
This led to fight between us and no talk,no intimacy now.. I am in depression though he is from strong family background...
What do i do now... ? please dont advise me to talk to hiim... I done for last 1 and half years....
Asked 3 years ago in Family Law from Bangalore, Karnataka
What do you want? We can do nothing about his job prospect.
Ask his parents and your parents to convince him to try for a job.
If you clarify your intention in this scenario then I can advise next course of action.
1. You shall have to decide what you want to do with this relationship,
2. Will you continue this relationship and accept whatever comes in future or want to terminate it & start your life afresh,
3. This personal decision you shall have to take based on which we the lawyers can give your legal advices,
4. If you want to terminate the relationship, go for mutual consent divorce.
1) the mistake you made was you stopped communiciating with your husband .
2) it is your own case that your husband lost his job few months after marriage . it is at this stage when your husband needs your support .
3) instead of refusing to have any intimacy you should have comforted him .
4) since he comes from rich family money is not a issue in your marriage .
5) your husband has good degree and with your encouragement he will sooner or later land a job .
6) visit a marriage counsellor to save your marriage
I know he is from rich family background. how long that money will feed you ?
He has got good degree. But what is the use if he is not willing to make money out it ?
He is mentally stressed.... He is clueless... This situation is annoying... I dont know how my future will be .
Can i make complaint against him in the local police station...
Asked 3 years ago
1) dont lodge any complaint with local police station .your husband does not ill treat you . you cannot lodge complaint if husband refuses to work
2) i can understand your frustration that your husband inspite of good degree refuses to work .
3) visit a family counsellor to resolve your disputes
how long to tolerate this issue... Better i can stay at my parents home... Shall i go for divorce ?
How to claim my rights.. As i said earlier he is jobless and he has no property in his name though all property belongs to his father....
His degree is only his asset.. Waste one.................
Asked 3 years ago
If you want divorce and start a new life with someone else,better would be to seek mutual consent divorce, the least time taking process.Regarding your rights such as maintenance, alimony, right to residence etc, he has nothing as you said then forget all that and compromise for getting rid of such relationship which you dont want to continue.
Advocate, New Delhi
If you stay separate , earns no money for yourself then you can claim for maintenance.
Unemployment of husband is no ground to avoid maintenance.
File mutual divorce case after getting his consent and try to earn your self
Advocate, New Delhi
1) it is your call . if you dont want to stay with your husband file for divorce by mutual consent . .
2) you have not mentioned what are your qualifications ? whether you are working or not ?
3) if you have been working in the past and are highly qualified you may not get maintenance .
4) if you are a housewife court will direct your husband to pay maintenance . merely because he is unemployed is no ground to avoid maintenance
1. At the outset I had advised you to first decide as to what do you want to do with this relationship,
2. Either you shall have to accept it or reject it. There is no point grumbling about it,
3. It appears that your husband has lost confidence on himself and desire to move further in life. Consult a psychologist,
4. First start having working relationship with him which may be developed in to normal husband & wife relationship..
Better you contact a Marriage counselor first. After counselling, if you still feel the necessity of going legal and taking divorce, contact lawyer.
Thanks all.. Last question .
Can i book him under fradulent case on cheating Job details ? How long will he get jail term...
Asked 2 years ago
1) why did you not file complaint when fraud was discovered ? what is the evidence that he has cheated you ?
2) better contact a local lawyer in bangalore and proceed as per his advice . number of lawyers on this site from bangalore
Evidence is just word of mouth and we enquired in his company about his job details.
At that time we found out the fraud he made , we were calm becos sooner or later he would find a job.. But all in vain...
Is it possible to file complaint against him ?
Asked 2 years ago
you have no documentary evidence to support your contention that he lied about job details . your husband will deny it . forget about filing cheating . divorce him if you so desire .