• Documents required for processing visa in case of registered marriage.

I am planning to do a registered marriage in order to process the dependent visa for Germany. The marriage will take place at my resident in Purnia, Bihar, I would like to know what all documents do I need for processing the Schengen dependent visa. I hold a work permit from Germany and have a working Contract. I am more concerned about the documents/pics I need to show to prove my wedding. I would basically be getting married again in November with Hindu rituals, but as visa processing takes too long now, I am first doing the registered marriage and applying for the visa beforehand. Kindly let me know if you guys can precisely tell me what all kinds of documents and pics are needed in case of Schengen dependent visa application for registered marriage.
Asked 3 months ago in Family Law
Religion: Hindu

2 answers received in 30 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

5 Answers

Following  are  documents required…

  1. Two recent photos.
  2. Domicile certificate as proof of residence.
  3. Medical insurance cover of more than 30 K Euros.
  4. Prepaid to and from air ticket.
  5. Purpose of visit.
  6. Accommodation facility.
  7. Marriage certificate.

Following is the procedure for registration  of marriage.

  1. Both go the registrar of marriages the place where any one of you have proof of residence.
  2. Submit affidavit of both of you with two passport size photos of each.
  3. Take proof of residence like addahar, proof of age like education certificate of both.
  4. Take two witnesses with id document and passport size photos.
  5. Pay the prescribed fee of Rs. 100/-.
  6. Fill up the form, your marriage will be registered and a date after one month will be given for solemnization of marriage.
  7. Again go after one month on the date given, registrar will perform your marriage.



Ravi Shinde
Advocate, Hyderabad
1010 Answers
8 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

The documents that you need to submit for your spouse visa application are:

  • Valid passport.
  • Proof that your relationship is genuine.
  • Evidence of meeting the financial requirement.
  • Proof of meeting the English language requirement.
  • Adequate accommodation.


2) if your marriage is registered copy of marriage certificate 


Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
82703 Answers
5254 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Dear Sir/ Madam

In order to obtain a dependant visa for Germany, you need to submit the following documents. 

  • Valid passport
  • 2 Biometric passport sized photographs
  • Copies of the first and last pages of your passport
  • Flight itinerary
  • Proof of accommodation – the sponsor must be able to prove that his/her home has enough space for the applicant
  • Marriage Certificate
  • Domicile Certificate


Anik Miu
Advocate, Bangalore
1528 Answers
18 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Hello Sir

I have just gone through the Contents of your query. I will advise you to get prepare for the following  Schengen dependent visa:-

Schengen Visa Requirements According to Applicant’s Employment Status

Specific required documents, based on the visa applicant’s employment status are as following:

For employees:

Employment contract.

Current bank statement of the latest 6 months.

Leave permission from the employer.

Income Tax Return (ITR) form or Certificate of Income Tax deducted at the source of salary.

For the self-employed:

A copy of your business license.

Company bank statement of the latest 6 months.

Income Tax Return (ITR).




G. L. Soni
Advocate, New Delhi
77 Answers
3 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

As far as the documents to be submitted before the German authorities for applying for visa to your spouse, you may enquire the same from German embassy situated in Delhi. 

Thee are practical events hence any guidance given in this regard without knowing the background details would be misleading.  

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
72788 Answers
1111 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer