• Filing police complaint for giving life-threatening warning

Dear sir,
I am a resident and Association President of Revanth Mansion Apartment.The Apartment is Registered under Karnataka Society Act and Functioning  under Bylaws of Apartment.As a association president , i received a complaint from from one of the members of Association that their flats getting slippage of water because of Planting pots by Pen house Owners in the common area of the Apartment .Association Has given a one week notice to the Penthouse owners for removing  the Pots in the common area . After one Week the pent house owners are not acted on the Notice and they even refused to take the notice.On the half Association , when i gone to the pent house owners , One of the Pent House owner has busted on me for giving such notice by therating against my life and human rights. He also warned me that No body should enter in the premises of the terrace, which is infact  common area of the Apartment. I fear that he may do some criminal activity for discharging my duties as association president and because of that fear i could able to do my duty as a president of apartment. Can I lodge a police complaint against him for giving necessary protection.I have a witness of two members of Association during the Incident.
Asked 4 years ago in Criminal Law from Bangalore, Karnataka
Repeated query.  Read your another post
Nadeem Qureshi
Advocate, New Delhi
4856 Answers
221 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Lodge a police complaint against the pent house owner for  threating you and put your life in danger.
Soumya Kundu
Advocate, Kolkata
86 Answers

4.7 on 5.0

Yes, inform the local police about such threats.
You can file civil suit for mandatory injunction as well.
Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
12816 Answers
166 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. Call for a special general meeting of all the members of the society since the cause of action is associated with the welfare/problem of a member of the Society,

2. Give proper notice to all the members and ensure that the meeting attains quorum,

3. Put the problem before the members & get the proposal of filing police complaint agreed by the majority of the members & record the decision of the meeting duly minuting the deliberations,

4. The above act has been suggested to ensure that the decision to lodge police complaint is taken by the society and not by you as an individual,

5. Once decided by the society, lodge the police complaint immediately & follow up the matter for and on behalf of the Society.
Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
18456 Answers
448 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

get it approved in general body meeting & file police complain on behalf of society
Avdhesh Chaudhary
Advocate, Greater Noida
565 Answers
20 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer