• Coaching institute exploited financially

I enrolled in a so called "IAS coaching institute" in Bangalore. Initially,it was running as an IAS educational website and later,the administrator called for offline coaching classes for 40 students. He allured us with so many promises and commitments. I went to Bangalore to get admission and I paid the said fee ,ie 40000/- but after attending 10-15 classes,I realized,that I have been cheated badly. The administrator of that website was himself teacher and he had nothing to teach us. His coaching institute even had not its own building. He was running our classes in a private school in evening hours. He had no other teacher neither any other staff.I am also sure that the coaching institute is not registered and evaded service tax.He used to do a bundle of irregularities in our pre-planned study pattern.

However,More than 25 students left that coaching within 10 days and since few of them were rich and they did not want to fall in legal affairs,therefore,they did not ask for returning money emphatically. But I am a poor student.I lost all my parents hard earned money in that fraud.

But now I am willing to take further legal action against that fraud to stop the next students from falling in his trap.Please guide me to pursue my course of legal action against that fraud person. Also suggest me the possible legal steps.

Thanks in advance,
Asked 4 years ago in Business Law from Bangalore, Karnataka
1. First of all you shall have to identify what is the fraud that has been committed by the said Company,

2. Did they promise you some thing which they did not or can not provide?

3. Did they assure you own building or a certain no. of teachers or such things which they did not comply with?

4.  If there are discremencies in what they had promised you & what they have provided you then you can take the following steps,

a) File a police complaint u/s420 & 120B before the police &/or
b) Lodge a complaint case before the local District Consumer Dispute Redressal Forum alleging deficiency in service & unfair business practice claiming refund of the entire course fee paid with interest, damage & cost of the litigation,
Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
18511 Answers
448 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1) what were the promises made by IAS educational Institute ? do you have any evidence of the commitments made by the said institute . 

2) was it mentioned on website or in publicity material that institute has its own building , has panel of reputed teachers , experienced staff for running institute . 

4) if so then you can file complaint against said institute and its administrator for cheating under section 420 IPC 

5) you can also file complaint before District Consumer redressal forum and seek refund of your fees with interest and also seek compensation . 

6) it is better you rope in other affected students too in your complaint against said institute
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
45617 Answers
2680 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Agree with experts
Nadeem Qureshi
Advocate, New Delhi
4856 Answers
221 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

1) You can file complaint against the administrator for cheating under section 420 IPC. If the police refuse to file FIR, file PCR before the magistrate. 

2) Send legal notice and if he fail to do refund, file Consumer complaint alleging deficiency of service.
Sandeep Hegde
Advocate, Bangalore
403 Answers
116 Consultations

4.8 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer