• Family Property Division.

Respected sir , We have a small family , My parents & my grand mother . My dad has one married Sister & a brother . My granny live with us ; Previously she lived with uncle but they tortured her that is why she came to us . We accept her . Till now it is 7 years she is living with us . Suddenly my uncle wants her back because she has rs- 4 lakh in her account . She is a retired govt: employee .  She is 82 years old . We all know if she goes to uncles side , she will lost her all money . They will not divided all money equally . What should we do...??
Asked 4 years ago in Property Law from Kolkata, West Bengal
Try to retain her. As if she transfer the money to anyone you cannot raise objection.
Prithwish Ganguli
Advocate, Kolkata
21 Answers
12 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

it is her choice whether she wants to stay with her husband or not . you can only guide her the consequences that may arise if she goes and stays with her husband  considering his past track record .
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
44265 Answers
2571 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Your grand mother is adult person and she is free to decide on what she wants.
You can restrain her from going back to your uncle but if she nevertheless decided to stay with him , you can do nothing let alone adopting a legal recourse.
Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
12523 Answers
160 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

It is absolutely her sweet will as to where she wants to live and also what she wants to do with the money.She may execute a Will in favour of anyone she likes to. you can not force her  your decision.
S.P. Srivastava
Advocate, New Delhi
703 Answers
13 Consultations

4.8 on 5.0

Your grand mother can refuse to go and live with your uncle. She cannot be forced to live at a particular place with a particular person. The utmost you can do is caution her against the consequences of living with your uncle. Thereafter, it is her prerogative to say no to either you or your uncle.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22966 Answers
631 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer