• Not submission charge sheet of atrocity by IO in time

Dist. Court ordered to submit the charge sheet in case of atrocity-section 156(3) in scheduled time,but IO not taken any action reg.atrocity appeal lodged in the court.IO submitted the adverse report by managing the witnesses after scheduled period.Kindly guide in this matter.Can we file the case against IO.
Asked 4 years ago in Criminal Law from Sangli, Maharashtra
Yes , you can file a complaint against  I.O,and instead file a writ in High Court u/s 482 Cr pc.
Soumya Kundu
Advocate, Kolkata
86 Answers

4.7 on 5.0

Filing a case against IO should not rank higher on the priority list. The priority should be to challenge the report of IO in the higher court depending on the contents of the report. Case against IO can be filed later on.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22977 Answers
634 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Challenge the B report (adverse report) in the court.
Sandeep Hegde
Advocate, Bangalore
403 Answers
116 Consultations

4.8 on 5.0

what proof do you have to substantiate your case
Rajeev Bari
Advocate, New Delhi
1506 Answers
92 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer