• Threat by wife's family

Respected sir

 I  am on work visa here in Newzealand  .  my family and my wife live in India now. i wife want divorce .  As per police agreement  both family agree for this decision . my family return all gold jewelry to girl's family and gave them 4 lacs cash and 4.5  lacs cash my family will pay to girl's family at the time of divorce all this thing mention in police agreement.

For apply divorce my family want power of attorney with stamp of high commission of india. because of lack of information and misguiding by  our common lawyer i have been send twice my power of attorney without  stamp of high commission of India   both time it was rejected. it wasted 3-4 weeks. so this time i know the right process. so it take a appox. 1 months to make my power of attorney. I am preparing it with help of public notary and  department of internal affairs of New Zealand. On the other side girls family( My in Laws) are giving threat my parents and my sister because they are too rich and they have a strong relation with Punjab police, political leaders and public lawyer. my family under stress and under pressure they compelling my family to do it quickly  otherwise they will cancel agreement will not return our money, put my family in jail and put fake case against me with the help of police and show me absconded. i am totally under stress and depression. my family and me totally helpless because nobody hear my family problems. my family life in danger. i cannot go to India  because my visa expiring soon so i  have to apply my work visa first.

my family told them we are preparing document on urgent bases but girl's family  continuously pressuring  my family.

 Please tell me  legal way which  help me to secure me and my family life.
Asked 4 years ago in Family Law from ropar, Punjab
Religion: Sikh
Repeat question. First mention on what grounds your wife wants divorce from you? If it is a mutual consent divorce, you must come to India and appear before court twice. Fight your case on merit, don't be afraid of connection or power of your in-laws. If they are harassing or threatening your parents, they should file a police complain in the nearest police station. Tell your parents to contact a good local lawyer.
Rajni Sinha
Advocate, Mumbai
330 Answers
34 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

repeated query already replied
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
46797 Answers
2769 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer