• My friend cheated me

One of my college friend, now we both are in job. Last year on 16 may 2013 he asked me for 50000 rs for her sister marriage. As he is my old friend, i give him 50000. But now after one year i asked him to return my money , he refuses to return my money. And now he didnot even receiving my calls. Now in this situation can i file a case against him? As proof i have bank account statement, as i had done online transfer. And some sms. What will i do. Plzz help me.
Asked 4 years ago in Criminal Law from Arwal, Bihar
File an FIR before police for cheating against your friend,you can approach a Magistrate U/S 200 CRPC to file Criminal Complaint and still u have remedy ,a  Writ Petition or a petition U/S 482 CRPC before High Court,
Soumya Kundu
Advocate, Kolkata
86 Answers

4.7 on 5.0

You can file civil suit for recovery of money with interest on the basis of the bank statement. you will get your money back. But before that serve him with a legal notice through a lawyer.
S.P. Srivastava
Advocate, New Delhi
703 Answers
13 Consultations

4.7 on 5.0

first of all give a legal notice and after that a suit for recovery
Rajeev Bari
Advocate, New Delhi
1506 Answers
92 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

File a civil case for recovery of money against him on the basis of bank statements which vouch the transfer of funds to his account. In addition to principal amount and interest you may also seek from him the amount spent on availing the services of your lawyer.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23140 Answers
640 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer