• Remanded in jail for 25 hours

Respect Sir/Madam,
I (rajashekar), I am a central government employee (PSU).  I want legal advice.
My wife is filed a false case 498A against me and my father, mother, brother. I and my family went Remand 25 Hour. After 25Hr we got a bail, I did not informed our in charge officer or Personal and Administrative officer. My doubt is I remanded in jail 25Hr there any problem from my office side like suspension order or anything. I heard if any central or state government servant went jail more than 48Hr remand he/ she will be suspended it is truth. Share the official G.O or court orders are any such thing. Need help.
thank you sir/madam
Asked 4 years ago in Criminal Law from Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh
you remain in police custody,that is in police lock up for 25 hrs or were you sent to jail of your area.
Rajeev Bari
Advocate, New Delhi
1506 Answers
92 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

You will not be suspended.  If you are convicted in the trial court, then only you will be suspended.  It differs from department to department. Enquire in your office the exact legal position.
Ravinder Pasula
Advocate, Hyderabad
397 Answers
97 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You have not mentioned in which department of central government you are employed. 

A government employee is liable to be placed under suspension if he remains in custody for more than 48 hours. Since you got bail after 25 hours you will not be suspended. However, immediately inform your officer in charge as you can be acted against for concealing the information of your arrest and detention.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23097 Answers
639 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer