• Is 100 rupees stamp is legal in court

In 2011 we have signed a paper mentioning that we are agreeing to give an area of our property to the family member of the person who died on duty in an accident. Whole statement is mentioned on 100 rs stamp paper with details of area, name of the owner which is us, signed by three other witnesses. Can such statement be used in court by the person's family member to claim that property area?
Asked 3 years ago in Property Law
Religion: Muslim

First answer received in 10 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

8 Answers

Statement can be used by person family to claim property area 

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
95146 Answers
7597 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

The unregistered deed cannot be enforced in court of law.

It cannot be even considered as admissible evidence if the subject matter is not consistent with the claim made. 

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
85348 Answers
2227 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Yes that is a valid document and can be used in a court of law.

Rahul Mishra
Advocate, Lucknow
14091 Answers
65 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Such statement not being a contract has no legal force and therefore can not be enforced. So there is no point in the admissibility of such documents as evidence. 

Kallol Majumdar
Advocate, Kolkata
2837 Answers
14 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

- Only on a stamp paper of Rs.100/- one cannot claim ownership of any property . 

- However, it can be used in the evidence before the court , if other proof of possession /ownership is available with the claimant. 

Mohammed Shahzad
Advocate, Delhi
13486 Answers
200 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Unregistered documents like those done on stamp paper have less validity, also check the validity of the said stamp paper, whether it was valid or an expired one. If you have a registered agreement/deed for the said property that will hold more value in the eyes of  the law.

Salome R Dias
Advocate, Vasai Virar
15 Answers

Not rated

No. it will legally bind him and since there is non-payment of the necessary stamp duty charges the property cannot be transferred or claimed by any of the members. 


Garima Anil Mehrotra
Advocate, Mumbai
514 Answers
1 Consultation

4.9 on 5.0

Dear Client,

Yes Rs. 100 Stamp id valid in Court.

Jaswant Singh
Advocate, Gurugram
930 Answers
2 Consultations

4.8 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer