• How to see virtual court proceedings

I have a case filed with CAT Allahabad.
I live in Delhi, and therefore am completely reliant on my lawyer for it.
I requested him for me to be allowed to view the virtual session when my case is being heard by the court. He said that it is simply not allowed.
I often feel that the lawyer keeps me in dark and therefore wanted to use the opportunity of courts going virtual to be able to hear the deliberations.
Is there a way I can view/listen to the virtual proceedings when my case is being heard?
Asked 8 days ago in Labour

First answer received in 30 minutes.

I am sorry but he is right on this point. Clients cannot appear in court proceedings heard virtually.

But there is a way.

You can ask him to insert a name of another lawyer ie local where you live and he can send the link to that lawyer and you may sit along with him and hear the proceedings.

Regards.

Rahul Mishra

1) you are at liberty to change your lawyer if you feel he is taking you for a ride 

2) you would not be able to view virtual proceedings 

The virtual hearing of court proceedings is between the lawyer and judge concerned. 

If you don't trust your lawyer anymore,  you can change the lawyer by terminating the vakalatnama given to him and engage another good lawyer. 

Supreme Court and Delhi High court has restricted the access to virtual proceedings. But not by all district courts and tribunals. 

Go to the online site of the court. Check if link is given in respect of your case hearing. If not given ask your lawyer to send you the link. 

Litigant can participate in virtual proceedings except where it not specifically restricted like Supreme Court and Delhi high court. 

Install VIDYO Mobile App from Google Play Store. 

Go to the e district court website. Go to your court. 

Link is given for court room wise. 

Click on the link by giving an user name and you will be in the conference online. 

Some court not giving such link.  So check it from edistrict court website. 

Kallol Majumdar

You can visit his place and watch him while he makes hearing of your case on virtual platform. 

- You should request lawyer to give you the link to attend the virtual court proceedings 

- If refused , then can load the same from the website of CAT .

- Further install the Cisco app from the playstore , and accordingly you can appear before the court even . 

Mohammed Shahzad

You would not get transcripts of court proceedings 

2) you can visit court website to check orders passed by court / tribunal in your case 

You can know the details of the case and the business that took place in the previous hearings by logging into ecourts.gov.in website and update your knowledge. 

You will not get any reply from court to the emails sent by you through post office. 

Court transcripts ie a record of the court proceedings cannot be made available. You may change your lawyer if you find him untrustworthy. 

An application for special permission may be sought from the chairman of the CAT.

Rahul Mishra

visit court website. 

recently, various HC's have passed an administrative order to not allow participants (not a party to the proceedings) to be allowed in the virtual hearing.

However, if the Advocate has informed you the updates in the matter then in that case it would not be advisable to barge in an online forum.

Garima Anil Mehrotra

1. Your lawyer is right. I have also refused to share with my clients the links of VC. They are meant only for the person to whom they are sent, and are not to be shared.

2. If you don't have faith in your lawyer then discharge him.