• Correction in Adhar and PAN card

Dear sir,i am student. my father's name on my adhar card is DINKAR and on matriculation certificate and on school leaving ,it is DINKARRAO..i submitted adhar and matriculation certificate for applying for pan card..the name on pan card came same as on adhar ie DINKAR.my father havent changed his name  ie both names are of same person.will this create problem ? if yes then how to make correction in it?also my father passed away so can i make affidavit on his name?
Asked 3 years ago in Constitutional Law from Aurangabad, Maharashtra
1) in all your educational certificates your father name is correctly mentioned . 

2) if there is mistake in Aadhaar  card you can have it rectified by applying for name change online or through post 

3)Having a mobile phone number is necessary to apply for name change / name correction online.

4)You can change your AADHAAR card data online, by following these 3 easy steps:
Login to AADHAAR card Online Self Service Update Portal using your AADHAAR number
Submit your AADHAAR card name change / name correction request online
Upload supporting self attested Proof of Identity document (soft copy) for the change of address online
You will be required to submit the name change / name correction request in English as well as your local language. Once the name change / name correction request is submitted you will be given your AADHAAR card Update Request Number. Save this number to track name change / name correction request status check and future references. Your AADHAAR card change request information will be verified by UIDAI representative and upon successful validation, the changes will be reflected in your AADHAAR card and the same will be communicated to you.
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
45738 Answers
2692 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. If the name on aadhar card was wrong you should not have applied for PAN on its basis. Be that as it may, you can now apply for rectification of the error in the adhar card.

2. The discrepancy in the name in various documents creates problems more often than not. It is wise to have it corrected.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22977 Answers
634 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer