I joined an NGO 3 months back as Manager, Member Relationship & Development. Within 1 month I emailed the General Manager stating that I want to resign, as I was stressed due to unnecessary pressure. However, I was made to understand that I will get proper support. I withdrew my resignation.
To my shock, a week ago I was asked to resign. I was told that if I don't resign I would be terminated. Thus, in order not to ruin my career, I resigned and served proper notice period. However, the asked my to quit with immediate effect leaving me in a very difficult position. Now, they are not even giving me the experience/relieving letter.
Asked 2 years ago in Labour from Mumbai, Maharashtra
Send them a legal notice through lawyer. Contact a lawyer with appointment letter.
1. What was the term for resigning mentioned in your appointment letter?
2. You should have resigned putting back date in your resignation letter in order to show that you have given the due notice,
3. However, try to settle the matter amicably with them since any legal step in this regard will not be cost effective,
4. You can send legal notice to them asking for experience certificate,
5. If they do not budge, you can file a complint case before the local labour commissioner.
When I had emailed them about my resignation, I had mentioned last day as 31st July. However, in their reply email they stated that 13 July will be my last day.
Secondly, this is ngo where every year the office bearers change. So there are new presidents, etc every year. Can I email all the past presidents informing about what the current office bearers have done?/ iF yes, will the current office bearers charge me for defaming them?
Meanwhile what should I do?
Asked 2 years ago
1. What is the benefit you think you will derive from your such informing earlier office bearers about the current incidence?
2. You you publish some thing defamatory to the public, it will be called 'defamation' as per law.
Send them a legal notice and demand for the experience letter along with the compensation of on month pay for termination .
It is advisable to call the office bearers an inform what others have done as you are in opposite side now .
If you are sending the legal notice, discuss it with your lawyer and include some things generally which also affected so that it will build a pressure to the present office bearers as they wouldn't prefer to get the NGO image in the public spoiled.