• Resale flat - Seller doesn't have parking allotment letter

Sir, I am about to purchase a resale flat in a housing society. The seller had purchased the flat directly from the builder around 15 years ago. The sale agreement between them mentions the parking space and the seller is parking his vehicle in an allotted space with a nameplate that mentions the flat number. However, the seller didn't collect parking allotment letter that marks the exact space on society parking map. He is trying to get the allotment letter from the builder but is not sure of getting it. 

In this context, I have two questions:
1. Should I proceed with the deal (if there is no allotment letter but the original sale agreement mentions sale of parking space with area)?
2. The seller is asking me to pay a token amount and sign MOU. Should I proceed or first ask for parking allotment letter?

Thank you,
Asked 11 months ago in Property Law
Religion: Hindu

First answer received in 30 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

4 Answers

1. Yes it should be as per rera guidelines. 


Prashant Nayak
Advocate, Mumbai
24215 Answers
51 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0

1. If the registered sale deed contains a mention about the car parking space,  then the seller is entitled to the parking space,  hence you may not have any doubt in this regard. 

2. If you are worried about the parking space allotment letter then insist on the vendor to procure the same before making any payment including token money. 

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
74146 Answers
1202 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1.if it is mention in sale deed then you can proceed . 

2.you must check the property papers properly. 

Mohammed Mujeeb
Advocate, Hyderabad
19011 Answers
28 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

Ask for parking allotment letter then enter into agreement for sale and pay token amount 


proceed with deal if he has parking allotment letter 

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
84043 Answers
5477 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer