[44. Appeal and appellate authorities. - (1) Save where it has been otherwise provided, an appeal shall lie from every original order of a Revenue Officer competent to pass such order under this Code or the rules made thereunder-
(a) if such order is passed by any Revenue Officer subordinate to the Sub-Divisional Officer - to the Sub-Divisional Officer;
(b) if such order is passed by any Revenue Officer subordinate to the Deputy Survey Officer - to the Deputy Survey Officer;
(c) if such order is passed by the Sub-Divisional Officer - to the Collector;
(d) if such order is passed by the Deputy Survey Officer - to the District Survey Officer;
(e) if such order is passed by any Assistant Collector, Joint Collector or Deputy Collector to whom the powers have been conferred under-section 24-to the Collector;
(f) if such order is passed by any Revenue Officer in respect of whom a direction has been issued under sub-section (3) of section 12 - to such Revenue Officer as the State Government may direct;
(g) if such order is passed by a Collector or District Survey Officer -to the Commissioner;
(h) if such order is passed by the Commissioner - to the Board.
52. Stay of execution of orders. - (1) A Revenue Officer who has passed any order or his successor in office may, at any time before the expiry of the period prescribed for appeal or revision, direct the execution of such order to be stayed for such time as may be requisite for filing an appeal or revision and obtaining a stay order from the appellate or revisional authority.
(2) The appellate or revisional authority may, at any time direct the execution of the order appealed from or against which a revision is made to be stayed for such time as it may think fit.
(3) The authority exercising the powers conferred by Section 50 or Section 51 may direct the execution of the order under revision or review to be stayed for such time as it may think fit.
(4) The Revenue Officer or the authority directing the execution of an order to be stayed may impose such conditions or order such security to be furnished as he or it thinks fit.
(5) No order directing the stay of execution of any order shall be passed except in accordance with the provisions of this section.
The opposite lawyer has invoked the section 44 for filing the appeal and the section 52 has been invoked to to stay the orders of the Tehsildar till the disposal of the appeal.
You do not have to file a writ of mandamus for this.
You can file a counter to the stay application objecting to his application and also reply to his appeal stating that they have suppressed the fact of high court order hence both the appeal and the stay petition are not maintainable.